Many people believe that a double chin and saggy jawline are just an inevitable result of aging and/or weight gain. But it's simply not true!
While aging and weight can contribute to a double chin and saggy jawline, much of the puffiness we see in our lower face is the result of trapped lymphatic fluid.
So if you're looking for a way natural way to tighten up the chin and jawline area, consider adding a Gua Sha and lymphatic massage to your skincare routine. This tool and technique have been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine and can offer a wide range of benefits for the skin.
One of the main benefits of this process is the stimulation of lymphatic drainage. The lymphatic system is responsible for removing toxins and waste from the body. When it's not functioning properly, it can lead to puffiness, inflammation, and even acne. By using a Gua Sha to massage the face, you can help to encourage the flow of lymphatic fluids, which can reduce puffiness and inflammation.
Another benefit of using a Gua Sha and lymphatic massage is the stimulation of the fascia. The fascia is a web of connective tissue that surrounds the muscles, bones, and organs in the body. When it becomes tight and restricted, it can lead to pain, inflammation, and even poor posture. By using a Gua Sha to massage the face, you can help to break up these restrictions and improve the health of the fascia, which can lead to improved skin tone and texture.
But that's not all! Using a Gua Sha and lymphatic massage can also improve blood circulation, which can bring more oxygen and nutrients to the skin, making it look brighter, more plump, and youthful.
How to get the best results out of your Gua Sha
When it comes to using a Gua Sha, many people focus solely on the face and forget about the neck and chest area. However, massaging these areas before using your Gua Sha is actually the secret to getting the best results. The reason is that the neck and chest area are rich in lymph nodes, which play a crucial role in the lymphatic system. By massaging this area, you can help to stimulate the lymph nodes, which makes them drain the lymphatic fluids better.
So, next time you use your crystal roller and gua sha, be sure to give your neck and chest a little extra love. This simple step can make all the difference in the results you see. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to perform lymphatic drainage massage on the neck and chest:
- Begin by applying a small amount of your favorite K&K serum to the neck and chest area. This will help to make the massage more comfortable and allow the skin to absorb the beneficial ingredients in the oil or serum.
- Start by gently massaging the area under your chin and jawline, using your fingers to apply gentle pressure. Use upward strokes and work your way down to the collarbone.
- Move on to the sides of the neck and gently massage the area around the lymph nodes. Use your fingers to apply gentle pressure and use upward strokes to encourage the flow of lymphatic fluids.
- Next, move on to the chest area and focus on the area around the breastbone. Use your fingers to apply gentle pressure and use upward strokes to encourage the flow of lymphatic fluids.
- Finish by massaging the area around the underarms, using your fingers to apply gentle pressure and using upward strokes to encourage the flow of lymphatic fluids.
It is important to note that during the massage, you should use gentle pressure and avoid any harsh or aggressive movements, as this can cause irritation or damage to the skin and lymph nodes.
Try out this simple and effective way to give your skin a little extra love. It's easy to do at home and can be a fun addition to your skincare routine. Give it a try and see the difference it can make in your skin!