Frankincense essential oil has been used in traditional medicine for centuries, and more recently, scientific research has begun to shed light on the mechanisms behind its various skin benefits. Here are some of the ways that frankincense oil can benefit the skin, along with a brief explanation of the science behind each benefit:
- Anti-aging properties: Frankincense oil contains compounds that have been shown to tighten and lift the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. These compounds work by stimulating the production of collagen, a protein that helps to keep the skin plump and youthful-looking.
- Reduces inflammation: Frankincense oil has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce redness, swelling, and other signs of inflammation on the skin. This is due to the presence of certain compounds in the oil that inhibit the production of pro-inflammatory molecules in the body.
- Fights acne: Frankincense oil has astringent properties, which can help to unclog pores and reduce the appearance of acne. This is because the astringent properties of the oil help to tighten and tone the skin, reducing the size of pores and preventing the build-up of oil and bacteria that can lead to acne.
- Evens skin tone: Frankincense oil can help to even out skin tone by reducing the appearance of age spots and other forms of hyperpigmentation. This is because the oil contains compounds that can inhibit the production of excess pigment in the skin.
- Boosts healing: Frankincense oil can help to speed up the healing process of wounds and scar tissue, making it a great addition to any skincare routine for those with acne scarring or other types of scarring. This is because the oil stimulates the production of new cells and tissue, helping to repair damaged skin.
To incorporate frankincense oil into your skincare routine, you can add a few drops to your favorite lotion or moisturizer, or you can create your own facial oil by mixing a few drops of frankincense oil with a carrier oil such as jojoba or coconut oil. You can also use frankincense oil as a spot treatment for acne or other blemishes by applying a single drop directly to the affected area.
We have included frankincense in our BioVer-X™ Enhanced Antioxidant Serum and Repair Wrinkle Serum due to its ability to stimulate collagen production. In our After Shower Body Serum and Revitalize Healing Hydration, we use frankincense specifically for its skin-toning properties. We have carefully formulated these products over the years to ensure that you can fully benefit from the properties of frankincense when you use K&K Skin Products.
Overall, frankincense oil is a versatile and effective skincare ingredient that can provide a range of benefits for the skin. The science behind these benefits suggests that frankincense oil can help to tighten and lift the skin, reduce inflammation, fight acne, even out skin tone, and boost the healing process, making it a great choice for anyone looking to improve the health and appearance of their skin.